Sunday, January 18, 2015

Sweet Potato Fries!

I've decided that in 2015 my only goal is to keep things simple.  I only say this because for the last ten years I've never been able to stick to your typical get organized or get fit goals.  Yep, I'm still a disorganized chunk.  I mean, how hard can keeping simple be, right?  Keep things simple and eat better, that is.   I didn't say diet either..there will be NO DIETS in my house.   I don't believe in diets...I believe in moderation and exercise, which in my case is going up and down the two flights of stairs in my condo at least a kajillion times a day because I'm always forgetting at least one or two things a day on the other floors.  So, back to simplicity.   I have been on a hiatus from my love of cooking since the holidays but I want to get back in the kitchen and stir things up again.  However, with my busy schedule it's been hard to make a meal that takes hours and hours of prep.   I'll try to save that for the weekends.  So, to start things off, I recently made another batch of these beauties, sweet potato fries.   These are the easiest and the tastiest things you can stir up quickly and, BONUS, they are good for you.  

A little background on this sweet veggie from www.webmd.com:
  1. "Sweet potatoes are a Native American plant that was the main source of nourishment for early homesteaders and for soldiers during the Revolutionary War. These tuberous roots are among the most nutritious foods in the vegetable kingdom. They are packed with calcium,potassium, and vitamins A and C."
First things first.  Get yourself a fine glass of wine to get in the mood.  Now slice away, thin and long slices, you know, like fries and don't cut your fingers!


Throw the slices in a bowl and toss in olive oil.  I have no clue how much...just splash until coated.  


Line them on a baking sheet and sprinkle with sea salt and pepper and throw in the oven at 450 degrees for 15 minutes.   Then flip over and bake another 10 minutes until they just brown on the edges.


Make an awesome dipping sauce by combining 3/4 cup mayonnaise, 3 cloves garlic minced, a squeeze of lemon juice and salt and pepper to taste!   Eh voila! 


Now stuff your face full of this vitamin enriched vegetable and never feel guilty!  

5 comments:

Unknown said...

These are fantastic--I have a 'Crisper' pan from Epicure and it works really well to keep them firm and crispy. Great comfort food! :-)

Michelle said...

Leisa, I've never seen a crisper pan. I'll be looking that one up!

Elaine said...

Easy, yummy and nutritious. My favorite kind of food.

Unknown said...

this looks delicious

Sattakingin said...

If your team members do not feel supported, your success rates will suffer. play bazaar